Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I purchased an Alvarez Wall Clock by but I can not get the

Customer Question

I purchased an Alvarez Wall Clock by Howard Miller but I can not get the pendulum to move back and forth, what am I doing wrong
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: That's great - but I just purchased a Wall Clock from Howard Miller. the pendulum is suppose to move back and forth but dose not when the pendulum is not moving back and forth. The whole point is the pendulum moving!
JA: Is there anything else the clock technician should be aware of?
Customer: No - what can I do to make the pendulum move back and forth ?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 27 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes if you have just purchased the Alvarez you have to release the pendulum guide from the transport-locking pin which is located right below the left battery compartment in the center of the quartz movement by gently pushing it sideways, allowing the guide to hang freely. Hang the pendulum on the pendulum guide and gently push the pendulum to one side then release and it should swing back and fourth. If you have already done this the movement might have a defect and you should contact Howard Miller or the place that you bought the clock and it is covered under the warranty. Try this option and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you. Thanks Mike