Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I was attempting to turn back the clock one hour when

Customer Question

I was attempting to turn back the clock one hour when suddenly the hands became detached from the clock. Can't seem to replace them.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the clock technician can help you best.
Customer: I have a wall clock Model #625-542
JA: Is there anything else important you think the clock technician should know?
Customer: No, just how I can reattach the hands.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes this is the Brass Works model by Howard Miller. First you should never go counterclockwise to reset the time always go clockwise in a slow manor to avoid problems. The hands on this model are pressure fitted onto there shafts you will have to apply equal pressure to both sides of the hour or minute hand at the base of the shaft and push firmly down starting with the hour hand first if it is also loose then repeat the same process with the minute hand but remember not to force onto the shaft if crooked and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.