Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a mantel chiming clock that is ringing 1/4 hour

Customer Question

I have a Howard Miller mantel chiming clock that is ringing 1/4 hour early, On the quarter hour it rings twice, half hour 3 times and 3/4 hour the time. How do I adjust to ring the hour at the top of the cycle?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 29 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options. Most Howard Miller Clocks have self adjusting chimes to get the clock back into sync if there is a problem with that it will need to be looked at and reset by a technician. The easiest way to get your clock in sync is the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the hour hand only in a clockwise manor to match the number of chimes then move the minute hand in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. Next you will have to reposition the minute hand after it chimes the hour stop the pendulum remove the minute hand then reposition the minute hand to the 12 position then start the pendulum again and adjust the time accordingly by moving the minute hand in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. Next is maintenance when was the clock last cleaned & re oiled?. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can find an authorized Howard Miller repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.