Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

E a My grand father clock chimes the hour at 15 past not all

Customer Question

e a Howard Miller My grand father clock chimes the hour at 15 past not all the time,every day it changes it seems.Why? been very happy with until just lately,appreciate any help........Ron
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: Not really,My mom in law used to pull to weights to keep it going I think it might have wound down on one side and she might not have realized it.If this is the case,is there any way to get it back in sync.........Ron
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try without calling in help. Most Howard Miller Grandfather Clocks have self adjusting chimes to get the clock back into sync if there is a problem with that it will need to be looked at and reset by a technician. The easiest way to get your clock in sync is the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the hour hand only in a clockwise manor to match the number of chimes then move the minute hand in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. Next you will have to reposition the minute hand after it chimes the hour stop the pendulum remove the minute hand then reposition the minute hand to the 12 position then start the pendulum again and adjust the time accordingly by moving the minute hand in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. Next is maintenance when was the clock last cleaned & re oiled?. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can find an authorized Howard Miller repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

for helping you. Thanks Mike