Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My dad recently passed and I now have the Grandfather Clock

Hi Mike,
My dad recently passed and I now have the Howard Miller Grandfather Clock my parents have owned since 1985. It is in excellent condition. How much would you estimate its value and to whom can I sell it? It's current location is in Hemet CA.
Thank you.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Do you have a model number of the clock it should be on the back or inside where the reg. number is ***** should start out like 610-?. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Won't be in front of clock until Thursday ��

Hi, Yes once I know the model number I'll be able to tell you the value so please keep me posted. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok when I close this out how do I get in touch with you?

Hi, Just leave the question open and when you find the model number just reply on this same question it will stay open. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mike. I need the original questions answered: what is its value? What companies would be interested in buying it? U said u needed the model number which I said I cannot provide until tomorrow. So tomorrow or Friday I will give u that number and hopefully since I paid for this information u will then answer my questions. R we on the same page here?

Hi, I was just checking I will be looking forward to your response on Friday so I can give you a value. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great! Thank you!

Hi, Your Welcome. Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Mike,The model number is ***** The registered serial number is ***** dated 10/24/85. It's a #185 triple chime cable driven movement. Along with learning its value, I truly would appreciate learning what companies or select individuals would be interested in purchasing this clock and how might I contact them.Thank you.
Linda

Hi Linda, Your Howard Miller Grandfather Clock model 610-178 has a value in today's market in good body & running condition $1375.00 to excellent body & running condition $1750.00. Remember when you go to sell your clock to start out high because you can always come down you can not go up. You can try sites like Etsy, Ebay, Craigeslist or I would try a reputable local auction house but use a reserve so the clock doesn't sell for pennies on the dollar. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Made of Red Oak and Burl Wood with brass features and beveled glass. Also a locking door with key, and key to wind up the weights, Weight driven, Chimes Westminster,Whittington,St. Michel, Also silent mode. Size: 7 ft. Tall x 27in. Wide x 17in. Deep

Hi Linda, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Mike. Am very delighted with your quick response and your answer. I do have another question. On paypal account it says repetitive monthly billing and charge. I signed up for a one time question and answer. How do I get this corrected?
Thank you.

Hi Linda, I do not have anything to do with the billing you will have to get with customer service, I run my own antique & clock repair shop. Thanks Mike

for helping you. Thanks Mike