Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My coo coo clock coo coos too many times, my grandma bought

Customer Question

Hi...my coo coo clock coo coos too many times
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: my grandma bought this clock in 1948 and I've never had problem with it. I had it cleaned recently
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: not that I know. It keeps good time except for the coo coo. Like if it's 5:00 the clock will coo coo seven timesw
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

This is usually an easy fix.

When the clock cuckoos, be sure to notice the time it cuckoos. Move the hour hand to this position and hold it in place with one hand. Then with the other hand, loosen the nut on the minute hand and move it to the 12 o'clock position. Retighten the nut. The clock should now know to cuckoo at the correct hour.

For instance, you say that it cuckoos 7 times at 5 o'clock. So when it does that, immediately move the hour hand to 5 and push in to hold the hour steady, Loosen the minute hand nut and move the minute hand to the 12 o'clock position, so that it now reads 5 o'clock. This should get you back in sync.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this at my shop all the time. The easiest way to fix this problem is the next time the clock cuck koos the hour move just the hour hand only in a clockwise manor to match the number of cuck koos then move the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock cuck koo until you reach the correct time. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

for helping you.