Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Key wind wall clock with pendulum has stopped chiming, just

Customer Question

key wind wall clock with pendulum has stopped chiming
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: just stopped cxjiming
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the hammer or hammers will move freely up and down. Next you can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise and if you hear a click like it wants to chime but doesn't it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Next if your clock has a chime selector lever usually found on the face make sure it is in the on position and not in the off or night time mode. Next if the clock is wound the old oil becomes gummy inside the mainsprings causing the mainsprings to stick not allowing the mainsprings to release the power to run the chimes in your clock and the movement will need to be cleaned and re oiled like they should every 3 to 5 years. To save my customers that come to my shop from me charging them to clean and re oil there clock I recommend one of the best cleaning kits on the market you can click the link I provided from Clockworks.com if it will let you if not copy the link then go to google and type or paste the link there it has everything you need including a step by step E book. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I'll find a clock repair company for you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

for helping you.