Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)
35181951

I have a Howard Miller floor clock. I moved it from one

Customer Question

I have a Howard Miller floor clock. I moved it from one house to another. The chains seems to be stuck. I can pull them down where the weights are but I can't get them to go back up.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: The chains will come down when the weights are on them, but I can't get them to pull upward.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: no
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. When you pull down on the weights do they just come down freely? because the sprockets will only turn freely one way, also check your chains for twists or kinks. Let me know what is happening. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your of clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.