Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)
35181951

Clock minute hand stops at 5 minutes to the hour and at the

Customer Question

Clock minute hand stops at 5 minutes to the hour and at the same time the clock is operating like the hands are not stuck? Was told that the movement shaft might have a burr?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: Bought and had delivered a floor clock that was on display at a furniture house for 10 years. It was never turned on. Clock minute hand stops at 5 minutes to the hour, but clock chimes like everything is ok. Clock chimes to the correct time even though the clock hands are not moving?
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Might have moved minute hand counter clockwise, but am not certain.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. ​What make & model clock do you have? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike