Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Hermle Mantel Clock with movement type 1050-020,

Customer Question

I have a Hermle Mantel Clock with movement type 1050-020, triple wind up. Recently I've noticed that the time is off by approximately 10 minutes, for example; chimes at 0950, 1008, 1020, 1038, instead of on the 15, 30, 45, 60 minute. Is there a way to get it back on correct time.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes I run across this problem all the time at my shop. Sometimes over a period of time the arbor shaft that holds the minute hand will start moving out of position. I'll cover all options to try. First you can try removing the minute hand the next time it chimes the hour and place the hand back onto the shaft at the 12 position. Next if that does not work the minute hand arbor which is the shaft the hand is on has got to be rotated back to the 12 position you can do this by using a pair of needle nose pliers and gently turn the shaft that the minute hand is on back to the 12 position. Next if that doesn't work the bushing that is around the arbor shaft will have to be repositioned. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mike, I tried moving the minute hand/shaft back to 12:00, but that did not change anything. Your next suggestion is re-positioning the bushing around the shaft; how is that accomplished? I've removed the minute hand and the hour hand.
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, The bushing surrounds the shafts of the hands, reposition the whole thing back to the 12:00. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Didn't work so will just have to find a clock repair place in town or surrounding area. Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Sorry repositioning either the shafts or bushing should have corrected the problem. If you like let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

.