Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Well, I have a clock and the chains on the side are pulled

Customer Question

well hello
JA: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: I have a clock and the chains on the side are pulled all the way to the mechanism and I can't get them down. How do I do that?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes The RIGHT weight runs the chimes the LEFT weight runs the strike. First you can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime this will allow the RIGHT & LEFT weights to lower down do this until the weights are hanging about 6 to 8 inches down. The CENTER is the hardest you can remove the pendulum start the pendulum hanger moving back and fourth then you can be gently pulling down on the CENTER weight but might take some time to do this doing it the easier way. Next make sure that there are know kinks or twists in the chain you can take a piece of wire that I pictured below, feed the wire down the side the weight hangs from lift the chain the weight hangs on and pull the chain up & over the sprocket to feed down about 6 to 8 inches down. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I'll find a clock repair company for you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.