Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Myradio control, my radio watch does not have the right time

Customer Question

myradio control
JA: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: my radio watch does not have the right time onmit
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: on the back of it is eh-23ga
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you​. You can take the battery out and wait 10 minutes then place the battery back in. Then press the T2 button on the top left select your time zone then once the watch has picked up the signal you should have the correct time. Try this option and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your watch? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't remove the back to get to the battery and I don't have a button on the top of the watch to set the time zone!
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

Hi, The watch eh-23ga is made by E Howard and has a 1 inch3V CR2025 inch Lithium Battery. The button A is on the left the button B is on the right Instructions for initializing the movement are printed inside the case: they list the switch for the 'recessed' button as A, and the pusher as B. In case you didn't note them before closing the case: to reset:

1) push A once. (Display will read "SET"
2) Push A until hands are exactly on 12:00 (and display reads "12"
3) Push B once to start reception
The back does not come off (case is in one piece); it's the bezel -- the metal rim that holds the front glass crystal.

There is a small notch in the rim of the bezel (on mine, this aligned with the 'lower left' lug on the case around 7:00 on the face). Be careful as there is an O-ring to waterproof the watch, and this notch goes right into the groove where that O-ring is located. Use a case knife or similar stiff but fairly thin-edge blade to pop the bezel off (it snaps off). Then gently remove the outer plastic ring, noting carefully how the notches are aligned.

The inner module now can be lifted carefully out - the two 'pushers' will not fall out of the case when you do this. The battery is a 3V lithium CR2025, and you will need a fairly small straight-blade jeweler's or optician's style screwdriver to remove the one screw that holds down the battery bracket - it may be tempting to bend this out of the way to change the battery, but please resist that temptation...

Put the module back in the base, put the ring back over the dial plate, and carefully snap the bezel back in place with its notch aligned as you found it. You might want to check and/or lubricate the O-ring as you do this.

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.​

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

.