Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

The minute hand is 180% off. It strikes the hour on the half

Customer Question

the minute hand is 180% off. It strikes the hour on the half hour.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try. First the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the minute hand counterclockwise back to the 12 position, next you can try removing the minute hand the next time it chimes the hour and place the hand back onto the shaft at the 12 position. Next if that does not work the minute hand arbor which is the shaft the hand is on has got to be rotated back to the 12 position you can do this by using a pair of needle nose pliers and gently turn the shaft that the minute hand I on back to the 12 position. Next if that doesn't work the bushing that is around the arbor shaft will have to be repositioned. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.