Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I can not remove the hour hand from my Kassel clock. I do

Customer Question

I can not remove the hour hand from my Kassel clock. I do not have the special tool required I need to oil the clock. Any suggestions?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: I can remove the minute hand, not the hour hand. I was told it required a special tool. I need to oil the clock. How?
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No. I can oil the clock if I can get the our hand off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes if you do not have the tool which you can order from the website below the part #CT5 - $8. If you just need to re oil your movement the website at the bottom offers the best cleaning kit with a downloadable E BOOK that I recommend to my customers that come into my shop which in some cases you do not have to remove the movement to re oil but if you do need to remove the hour hand this is the tool I use and is very inexpensive and will keep you from causing any damage that can occur if you just try to pry a pressure fitted hand off that can end up costing you a lot more than $8.00. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits

Clockworks

PO Box 339
124 Goss Hill
Huntington, MA 01050 USA
Phone(###) ###-####br />Fax(###) ###-####br />Mon-Fri 10-6 EST

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.