Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I'm trying to find a replacement quartz movement

Customer Question

Hi! I'm trying to find a replacement quartz movement for a Bulova wall clock that I purchased in 1985. Clock isn't real valuable but It has much sentimental meaning. I want it to run again. about a year ago, I replaced the battery and accidentally put it in backwards, clock ran for about a month and a half, and stopped.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Again, this is a very sentimental clock. It is not throw-awayable! CAN YOU HELP ME HERE????
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First check to make sure the battery contacts are clean, next check the wires leading from the contacts to make sure the wires are not loose or maybe one has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If all these options do not help fix the clock and you decide to replace the movement you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement. Thanks MikeIf you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.Clockparts.com11869 Teale StreetCulver City, CA 90230 USAToll free: 1-888-8CRAFTSHours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PSTTimesavers.comBox 12700Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)Norkro.com2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.Portland Or 97229order line: 1-***-***-****Phone/fax:(###) ###-####lockit.comN3211 County Road HLake Geneva, WI 53147 USAPhone: 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (Closed on Tuesdays) Saturday 8:30am-4:00pmGone to Pieces(battery operated quartz movements only)6819 Rt 259 HwyHomer City, PA 15748order line: 1-***-***-****Clockworks.comPO Box 339 - 9 Pine StHuntington MA 01050***-***-****
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.