Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Clock was overwound. Pulley on left and right cables came

Customer Question

Clock was overwound. Pulley on left and right cables came off. Replaced pulleys. Weights will not come down?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: Clock was overwound. Pulley on left and right cables came off. Replaced pulleys on cables. Weights will not come down.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are several things to check. The RIGHT weight runs the chimes the LEFT runs the strike. First you can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise sopping to let the clock chime if you hear a click like it wants to chime but doesn't the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Next check to see if the release levers are stuck underneath the winding drums sometimes when you reset the pulleys they get jammed. Next make sure the cables are not tangled or crossed causing the cables not to drop the weights. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can find a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call a repair man. Thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you would like let me know your zip code location and I can find a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.