A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612

I am looking finial Howard Miller grand father

Customer Question

I am looking for a finial for my Howard Miller grand father clock. The model is no longer made (1986), so I am looking for something about 3 1/2" tall. Any thoughts?
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: Model 610-723
JA: Anything else I can tell the Clock Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Serial # *****
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Do you still have the old finial?
Hello again, I guess you aren't online now. If you have the old finial you can take it to Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and see if they have anything similar that you can finish yourself. Any woodworking shop can also turn one to match for you. Sometimes you will find replacements on Ebay, but prices are in the $110-150 neighborhood. Ebay also has non-brand-specific finials. Just search on grandfather clock finial and see if you see one that will go with your clock. Here is what is available right now:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H1.Xgrandfather+clock+finial.TRS0&_nkw=grandfather+clock+finial&_sacat=0 Please let me know if you have questions. Best regards, Schuyler~
Hello, Did you have additional questions about this? Best regards, Schuyler~