Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)

I have a Franz Hermle grandfather's kit clock that my father

Customer Question

I have a Franz Hermle grandfather's kit clock that my father put together years ago.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: My mom switched cases with my sister and for years the pendulum knocked on both sides of the case. Once I got it in 2008 and it sat here then I got online and figured out that the weights (3) were in the improper positions. I fixed that and the clock was working great.
JA: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?
Customer: One day when I was winding it I pulled too hard a couple of the weights fell off and some small pieces came off, now it won't work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What exactly would you like to know? Do you need parts? Do you need to know where the parts go that fell off? The weights should be marked on the bottom if not the heaviest weight goes on the RIGHT it runs the chimes the next heaviest in the CENTER it runs the pendulum the lightest on the LEFT it runs the strike. Let me know what you need or if you do not feel comfortable fixing the clock yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.