Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My Name is***** have an issue with a Franz Hermle 351-030

Customer Question

My Name is***** have an issue with a Franz Hermle 351-030 regarding the chimes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It chimes long after winding the clock. It does not chime for the corresponding hours like I think it should, 1 chime for 1 o clock & so on. Anyway after winding the clock it will chime continuously for about 30 minutes or so.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Clock Repair Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hi Phil, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes what is happening is the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Next is maintenance as a clock ages the oils and lubricants become gummy or it may become dry and the same problem may happen. It may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years. Try these options out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. The website at the bottom offers the best cleaning kit with a downloadable E BOOK that I recommend to my customers that come into my shop it has step by step instructions . Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you..www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.