Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Yes, I have a Howard Miller Magdalen 625-310 and am trying

Customer Question

Yes, I have a Howard Miller Magdalen 625-310 and am trying to repair it because it will no longer keep time. The hands are loose and I am trying to figure out how to tighten them.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. On this model the hands are pressure fitted onto there shafts. I use a special tool at my shop to reset loose hands but if you want to try to reset the hands you have to use equal pressure on either side of each hand at there base on the shaft you would first do the hour hand then the minute hand. Gently push each of the hands back down onto there shafts I have had several of these clocks do the same thing. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate an authorized Howard Miller clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.