Chris C
Chris C, Professional Clock Repairer (5yrs+)
Experience:  MBHI (Member of British Horological Institute), Masters in Physical Sciences (Cambridge University)

Chain & weights operated. About 35 years old. does not chime!

Customer Question

Chain & weights operated. About 35 years old. does not chime! I can hear movement move into place but no chime. selector switch not on silent. Weights are in correct position. Any suggestions.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 6 months ago.
Good day my name is***** am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.Please do send images of the clock. One of the whole clock, and the face plus any markings or names on it.Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to: you can email them to***@******.*** attention Timothy in antiques.