Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I bought a Grand Father Clock 8 mons. ago, and it plays

Customer Question

I bought a Grand Father Clock 8 mons. ago, and it plays Westminster sounds, however, it has a high ping and it isn't pleasant to listen to... can you help and what is the service fee
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There is only one way to soften the sound that you can try without a technician coming to your home you can use a pair of needle nose pliers and gently bend the hammers up so they are all 3/16" to 1/4" above the chime rods at rest this will soften the melody on your chimes this is how I fix the problem at my shop. Try this options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.