Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Howdo I turn my chimes on.

Customer Question

Howdo I turn my chimes on.
Category: Clock Repair
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a hemle 041 050 movement
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll coverall options for you to try. First make sure the weights are in there proper order thy should be mark on he bottom if not the heaviest weight goes on the RIGHT as you face the clock I runs the chimes the next heaviest goes in the CENTER it runs the pendulum the lightest goes on the LET it runs the strike next make sure he hammers move freely up & down next check to make sure the retard bar hasn't slipped down onto the hammers if so lift or push the bar up off the hammers. Next make sure your chime selector lever is working correctly and not in the off or night time shut off mode if your clock has one. Your best start would first be maintenance as a clock ages the oils and lubricants become gummy and the movement starts slowing down and then finally come to a stop or it may become dry and the same problem may happen so it may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years. To save my customers money from me servicing there clock I recommend one of the best cleaning kits available it comes with a step by step downloadable E BOOK. A good cleaning and re oiling job will add life and enjoyment. Just click the link below if it will let you if not go to google.com and type the link on the google search bar. When the page comes up go to clock tools cleaning and oiling or go to the search line type in clock cleaning E book when that page comes up scroll down to clock cleaning kit then click view page. I would try cleaning and re oiling the movement first and start there. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair shop in your area just let me know your zip code location and I will locate one for you that can help you with the problem. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you