Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a clock, the right weight will not stay up, and when

Customer Question

I have a Howard Miller clock, the right weight will not stay up, and when you try to wind it there is no tension.
JA: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.
Customer: This is a Howard Miller Presidential Series Grandfather clock, the right weight will not suspend it just falls there is no tension when trying to wind.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Clock Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Does your clock have chains or cables?. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cables
Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi, First check to see if the ratchet is engaging the teeth in the winding drum and is not loose, next make sure the weight is hanging down the correct side of the winding drum. The winding drum only turns easy one way so you want the weight hanging down the opposite side that turns easy. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can locate an authorized Howard Miller repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to ask and please remember to rate my answer by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.

.