Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My cuckoo clock stops every hour just prior to striking the

Customer Question

My cuckoo clock stops every hour just prior to striking the hour time. When I start it again it will then strike the hour time and the music will play and continue to work until the next hour when again it stops.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are several options that might be wrong first there might be a loose or damaged tooth on one of the gears that when the clock makes the revolution to the next hour it gets caught at that same point every hour. Next there might be a piece of foreign debris that when it gets to that same point every hour it also causes the clock to stop. Your best start would first be maintenance as a clock ages the oils and lubricants become gummy and the movement starts slowing down and then finally come to a stop or it may become dry and the same problem may happen so it may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years. To save my customers money from me servicing there clock I recommend one of the best cleaning kits available it covers cuckoo clocks as well it comes with a step by step downloadable E BOOK and they ship worldwide I have told countless customers from around the world that have used this kit to service there clocks themselves. A good cleaning and re oiling job will add life and enjoyment. Just click the link below if it will let you if not go to google.com and type the link on the google search bar. When the page comes up go to clock tools cleaning and oiling or go to the search line type in clock cleaning E book when that page comes up scroll down to clock cleaning kit then click view page. I would try cleaning and re oiling the movement first and start there. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair shop in your area just let me know your location in Bahrain and I will locate one for you. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits

.

The success of this E-Book is from the simplicity in the answers and the ease of use. This will make it very easy for the clock owner to solve simple problems that may arise when there is an issue with the clock.

The topics you see below are the actual topics that are presented on the cover page of the E-Book. Please review them and see if this E-Book will help you. You will find this very helpful in solving many different clock repair issues and questions on cleaning and oiling a movement.

.

Spring Driven

• Introduction
  • Putting it "In Beat"
  • Ticks ok but stops
  • No tick tock sound
  • Working with mainsprings
  • Chiming the wrong time
  • Setting quarter chimes
  • Cleaning - Assembled
  • Cleaning - Disassembled
  • Reassembling the works
  • Repair methods
  • Replacing with a new movement
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.