Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My name is noeline, I have read about the way to sync my

Customer Question

Customer: my name is noeline, I have read about the way to sync my clock & chimes, but I have just unpacked the clock from house moving and have found that the hour hand is swinging free, must have been knocked our something. Can you please help ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the clock,purchased, in Germany,is about 8 yrs old and has three weights , It is merely chiming away but of course the hour hand does not move
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Clock Repair Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First to get the hour hand back onto its shaft. Take the hour hand use equal pressure on each side of the hand and place it so its ready to go back onto the shaft and press firmly down this should fix the problem. After the hand is back onto the shaft take and turn the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime once it chimes the hour move just the HOUR HAND ONLY in a clockwise motion to match the number of chimes. Next move the minute hand only in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the desired time if needed this will get your clock back in sync. Try this option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

.