Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

After winding-raising the weights, the left and right

Customer Question

After winding-raising the weights, the left and right weights are stuck at the top and only the center weights drops. Is something broken or is it some adjustment I need to make?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are several things to try. The RIGHT it runs the chimes, the CENTER it runs the pendulum, the LEFT it runs the strike. You can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime this will allow the LEFT & RIGHT weights to drop do this for a 24 hour session. Next if that doesn't work the weights are jammed to tight then you must lift the chain up off the sprocket and lower the weight down about 12 inches for both the LEFT & RIGHT weights then it should continue to run correctly, always remember to stop about 6 to 8 inches from the top after raising your weight to avoid this problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

.