Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

S
, Hands on grandfather clock are locked up. Will not

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** S
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hands on grandfather clock are locked up. Will not move forward, but will move backwards
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Clock Repair Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What is the brand and model clock and movement number ?. The problem is in the time/train one of the sprocket is probably loose or maybe some type of damage to one of the teeth on the sprocket. When was the last time the clock was serviced ? meaning cleaned and re oiled which should be done every 3 to 5 years. You will have to look inside the movement to check what is wrong I would start by looking at the base of the hands to make sure the hands would move freely if turned forward. If I could see the clock in my shop I could figure the problem out it could be a number of reasons why. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

.