Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Centurion 35 day wall clock and have had it

Customer Question

Hi, Mike. I'm Shirley. I have a Centurion 35 day wall clock and have had it probably 35-40 years. Just recently it quit chiming. Can you help?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Hi Shirley, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the hammer is moving freely. Next when was the last time you had the clock serviced meaning the movement cleaned and re oiled?. The biggest problem I run into at my shop on these type clocks is that when fully wound the coils inside the mainsprings start sticking not allowing the spring to release the pressure needed to make the chimes sound. To save my customers money from me servicing there clock I recommend one of the best cleaning kits available it comes with a step by step downloadable E BOOK. A good cleaning and re oiling job will add life and enjoyment. Just click the link below if it will let you if not go to google.com and type the link on the google search bar. When the page comes up go to clock tools cleaning and oiling or go to the search line type in clock cleaning E book when that page comes up scroll down to clock cleaning kit then click view page. Try these option out and let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kit/clock-cleaning-kit.html

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock ? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

.

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

.