Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a wall mounted pendulum curio clock... it runs very

Customer Question

Hi, I have a wall mounted pendulum curio clock... it runs very fast. I have the pendulum nut as low as i can get it
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What you have to do is to reset the nut on the pendulum y turning it up all the way making sure that the BOB of the pendulum moves correctly then restart the pendulum and the turn the rating nut down also making sure that the BOB is moving I not you can take a small drop of oil on the threads and work the nut and BOB up and down so it moves correctly. Once you have the BOB reset restart the pendulum watching the speed of the clock The rule of thumb is 1 turn of the regulating nut equals 1 minute per 24 hours, but your results may prove different and that is what makes the note keeping important to your success. By recording your actions 3 or 4 daily sessions is normally all that is needed. You should not try or expect to correct the error in one session, but rather try to split the difference by half each session, slowly sneaking up on the error without over shooting or see-sawing back and forth. Try this option and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the help... I will have to try this later this week. The clock is one i bought for my mom last year, and is at her house. I won't be able to try anything till then.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Yes please keep me posted. Thanks Mike

.

for helping you.