Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I hav ab origina Seth Cloc given to me fotr s service it

Customer Question

i hav ab origina Seth Cloc given to me fotr his long service it itdated 1075 it is amantr\\
1975 mantle clock fro me DAF
DAD, LOCKED THE BELLS GO HOME AND IT WAS HAVENLY AS AS ALWTS UNTIL MY SOS FRIEND BUMPED IT ONO TO FLOOR NOW THE BELLL WORK WHEN PROMPTE MANUL BUT NO FROM WIND UP I NEED HELP AND WNT TO HEAER IT PLAY
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes what happens when a clock falls onto the floor the movement gets jarred out of place. First you can try to run the
clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime if you hear a click like it wants to chime but doesn't it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that
it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Try this option out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

.

for helping you.