Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a grandfather clock that has the right side chain not

Customer Question

Customer: I have a grandfather clock that has the right side chain not visible on the right side of the pulley, the left side is out too far almost touching the floor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cant attach the right side weight because I think the chain is too far pulled to the left side
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Clock Repair Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The RIGHT side it runs the chimes. What you can try is to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime do this for a 24 to 48 hour session this will allow the RIGHT chain to drop you can also be pulling gently down on the RIGHT chain end that the weight hangs from do this until there is about 6 to 8 inches hanging down the side the weight hangs from then reattach the weight then it should be fine. If that option doesn't work you will have to bend a wire into a J as I have pictured to lift the chain up off the sprocket and feed the same amount as I mentioned in the first option just make sure there are know twists or kinks in the chain. Try these options out and
let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clocks? Thanks Mike

.