Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a clock that has work great. I've been away and the

Customer Question

I have a howard miller clock that has work great for years. I've been away and the clock has stopped. I whent to wind it on the right and that was fine. On the left the key just turned with no resistence at all. What can I do??
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First try winding the LEFT side the opposite way that you tried. Let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the same both ways.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Ok what type clock do you have grandfather, wall, mantle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grandfather
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, So when you go to wind up the weight the winding arbor is not winding up any of the cable correct, if so remove the side panel if your model has access panels look at the side of the cable drum there should be a lever that engages the teeth to the gear so when you do wind the clock it should wind up the cable if the lever is not engaging the gear push the gear into place. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area.Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The weights are only for show!!!!!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, What model Howard Miller Clock do you have? If you wind the clock up do the weights rise? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.