Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I am trying to fix a Hermle balance wheel escapement. It is

Customer Question

Hi Mike,
I am trying to fix a Hermle balance wheel escapement. It is the kind with a horizontal spiral spring - not the vertical one wound in opposing directions. I bought a new balance wheel assembly from Merritts but am having trouble keeping the guard pin from hitting the "C" ring or the pins from hitting the fork. Any suggestions?
Dick
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dick, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Bending the fork stem a little more should do the trick. If the pins are hitting the C ring as you call it they shouldn't be hitting at all. Have you tried to start all over and reinstall the escapement? make sure everything is in order meaning tight and aligned correctly. Plus it might be a faulty escapement to begin with. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.