Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My clock won't chime.....1st my weights were pulled up too

Customer Question

My clock won't chime.....1st my weights were pulled up too high and I just fixed that problem. is there anything I can check for the chiming?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the retard bar didn't slip down onto the hammers and make sure the hammers move freely up and down. Next if your clock has a chime selector lever make sure it is on. Next make sure it isn't in the night time shut off mode. Next you can try to run the clock manually by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping to let the clock chime if you hear a click at the hour position like it wants to strike but doesn't it might be the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. Try these options out and let me know what happens if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.