Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

We just received a mantle clock 340-020 and are wondering if

Customer Question

Hi Mike. We just received a Howard Miller mantle clock 340-020 and are wondering if it's safe to silence the chimes and strike by just not winding them? I don't see an obvious chime selection lever or any option to silence them another way. Any advice you have would be much appreciated!!
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes that would be safe just keep the center winding port wound to keep the clock running. 340-020 is the movement number there is a lever that you can lower down onto the hammers called a retard bar just lower that bar down onto the hammers to keep the movement from chiming it is located right above the hammers it is silver in color. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.