Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I moved my grandfather clock incorrectly. The cords are way

Customer Question

Hi Mike,
I moved my grandfather clock incorrectly. The cords are way up in the clock. I can see three single cords hanging when I take off the back panel. I think there are supposed to be three u-shaped cords to put the round weight holder in but now its just 3 single with a little know at each of the ends. Any idea on how I can fix this?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes each cable has to have a U in it hanging in order to hang the weight holder. Each cable has to be released and pulled down about 12 inches to rehang the weight holder there should be a cable release lever by each cable drum which will allow you to release the cable to form the U. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair company in your area that makes house calls just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Here is a reference picture to show how the weights hang from the weight holder but for a single weight this was the only picture I could find that would let me download it might help you. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Disregard the first picture here is a reference picture to show how the weights hang from the weight holder. Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.