Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a Linden Westminster chime wall clock. It's about 50

Customer Question

I have a Linden Westminster chime wall clock. It's about 50 years old. The pendulum just quit working.
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There are a couple of options to try. First restart the pendulum then listen to the tick-tock on the clock and see if it is nice, even tick-tock. Equal time between the TICK and the TOCK. The pendulum to make it swing exactly equal distances from dead center to the left, as from dead center to the right. If a clock is out of beat, the pendulum will swing for a few minutes, then stop. If the beat is irregular like: tick---tock------tick-tock, an adjustment must be made or the clock will stop. This can be done by either try leveling again from left to right until you hear the most even tick-tock. If this fails, you may take off the pendulum and slightly move the pendulum leader from left to right or right to left until it almost or starts moving back and forth on it's own. Rehang the pendulum and the clock should continue. Next would be maintenance as a clock ages the oils and lubricants become gummy and the pendulum starts slowing down and then finally come to a stop or it may become dry and the same problem may happen. It may need cleaning and oiling as they should about every 3 to 5 years. To save my customers money from me servicing there clock
I recommend one of the best cleaning kits available it comes with a step by step downloadable E BOOK. A good cleaning and re oiling job will add life and enjoyment. Just click the link below if it will let you if not go to google.com and type the link on the google search bar. When the page comes up go to clock tools cleaning and oiling or go to the search line type in clock cleaning E book when that page comes up scroll down to clock cleaning kit then click view page. Worst case is that the suspension spring might have to be replaced because it might be worn out or broken. Try these option out and let me know what happens. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair company just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few companies that can help you out. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

.

www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair Kits

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you needed further assistance with your clock?. Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.