Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have my deceased fathers Grandfather's clock. The pendulum

Customer Question

I have my deceased fathers Grandfather's clock. The pendulum will not continuously swing & I'm not sure what to do. Ive tried removing the chain & moving down the pendulum & adjusting the back swing motion every way I can think of. Its a two weighted pendulum with the one on the right side facing toward the clock that does not seem to fall as the other side. Not sure what to do at this point. Any help, or even a service call would not be out of the question…Thanks
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes the one on the RIGHT side runs the chimes the other runs the pendulum. First restart the pendulum then

Listen to the tick-tock on the clock and see if it is nice, even tick-tock. Equal time between the TICK and the TOCK. The pendulum to make it swing exactly equal distances from dead center to the left, as from dead center to the right. If a clock is out of beat, the pendulum will swing for a few minutes, then stop. If the beat is irregular like: tick---tock------tick-tock, an adjustment must be made or the clock will stop. This can be done by either try leveling again from left to right until you hear the most even tick-tock. If this fails, you may take off the pendulum and slightly move the pendulum leader from left to right or right to left until it almost or starts moving back and forth on it's own. Rehang the pendulum and the clock should continue. Try these option out and let me know what happens. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair company that make house calls just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few companies that can help you out. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.