Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My Kieninger ksu 33 won't stop chiming

Customer Question

My Kieninger ksu 33 won't stop chiming
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Your chime/strike train is not locking itself after completion of a sequence. This could be due to a number of causes, first the trip lever cannot fall into a locked position because the lever is being lifted at one end while at the other end the lock is out of position to fall into the locking cam. The most frequent cause for this condition is a dislocated locking pin, either by being bent or the locking cam itself being out of position. To correct this problem it will be necessary to position the pin so that it can once more perform its function. I would suggest you have a qualified technician make needed adjustments. If you want to attempt the correction yourself I would recommend you to the following book from your local library. "THE CLOCK REPAIR FIRST READER" by "Phillip Bascomb." Beginning on page 6.10 Mr Bascomb illustrates and describes the working of a time/strike train. This book, with its illustrations, at hand you should provide a reasonable shot at doing it yourself. Next would be maintenance the movement might need to be cleaned and re oiled as they should every 3 to 5 years. If you elect to seek a repair company I can find a clock repair company in your area let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. If you decide to try cleaning and re oiling the movement to save my customers money from me servicing there clock I recommend one of the best cleaning kits available it comes with a step by step downloadable E BOOK. A good cleaning and re oiling job will add life and enjoyment. Just click the link below if it will let you if not go to google.com and type the link on the google search bar. When the page comes up go to clock tools cleaning and oiling or go to the search line type in clock cleaning E book when that page comes up scroll down to clock cleaning kit then click view page. Try these option out and let me know what happens. Best wishes Mike.. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you... www.clockworks.com › Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.