Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I bought a Ridgeway grandfather/mother clock with 451-033 movement

Customer Question

I bought a Ridgeway grandfather/mother clock with 451-033 movement from 1985. The chains, weights and pendulum are in pieces. I have no idea where to start. Help
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes the 451-033 is a Hermle movement. First of all make sure the clock is level both ways. Next make sure the weights are in the correct order they should be marked R, C, L if they are not marked The heaviest weight goes on the RIGHT it runs the chimes, next heaviest in the CENTER it runs the pendulum, lightest on the LEFT it runs the strike. Are the chains hanging from there sprockets?. If so hang the weights from there chains they hang from the hooks on the end of the chain not the ring. Next you hang the pendulum from the pendulum leader. Start with this and let me know what happens. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a clock repair company in your area that makes house calls just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi here are a few more images that might help you. Thanks MikeIf you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah... Let's have a clock person that does house calls help me now. I don't appear to have all the revisits parts per diagrams. Thanks bunches.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Requisite
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can find a clock repair company in your area that makes house calls just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.