Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I have a quartz 2215 can get the clock hands to turn or c

Customer Question

I have a quartz 2215 can get the clock hands to turn or chime
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Who is the maker of your clock Howard Miller, what type of clock is it grandfather or wall clock and how old is the clock?. First make sure the battery contacts are clean then check to see if the wires leading from the battery contacts might be loose or one has come disconnected. The bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If you elect to change out the movement You can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which is Hermle 2215 Chiming Quartz Clock Movement. Try these options out and let me know what happens. I listed the instructions below for your movement as well. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
If the clock is a Howard Miller Clock this is right from there website.
If your clock is not new or if a part is damaged and parts are required, contact Customer Service at(###) ###-####or go to the QUESTION section at the bottom of this site and detail the part that you need. Have your model number, serial number, and credit card available before you place the call.
Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****
Fax: 1-***-***-****
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)
.
.
Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -*****
Huntington MA 01050 (###) ###-####
Wall clock models:
Unlock pendulum holder from its shipping position by gently sliding the pendulum out of its holder and to the right until it hangs freely. Remove protective cover from pendulum bob and carefully place pendulum on hanger.
Batteries:
Insert fresh 1.5 V DC batteries (type "C" LR14-AM2) according to the +/- symbols. Alkaline type batteries should be used. Change batteries once a year. This will ensure accurate time keeping and a consistent chime sound for your enjoyment.
Low battery warning feature:
If your clock starts chiming erratically, or (if equipped) the pendulum stops, it is your notice to replace the current batteries with fresh ones.
Time setting:
Set time by advancing the minute hand (NEVER hour hand) or use hand setting knob at rear of movement clockwise or counter-clockwise to the correct time. The correct chiming will start at the next full hour. In the interim, an unsynchronized chime may occur at the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 hour setting. This will correct itself at the next full hour.
The chime sequence at 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 hour is electronically programmed and can not be demonstrated by moving the minute hand or the time set knob manually.
At the rear of the clock movement are three additional switches and one knob with the following functions:
Melody switch:
Switch with symbols OAW
O = shut off (chime and strike off)
A = Ava Maria chime 4/4 melody with full hour strike
W = Westminster chime 4/4 melody with full hour strike
Night shut-off and night reduction switch with symbols:, , .
= "Sun" position. Clock will chime and strike during the full 24 hour period.
= "Moon" position. The chime sound will reduce by half of the daytime volume for a period of 8 hours. Use the same setting procedure as for "No Moon".
= "No Moon" position. The clock will not chime for a period of 8 hours following the time you selected to start this function.
For example: If you wish the chimes silent from 11 p.m. till 7 a.m. move the switch from the sun to the half moon position sometime between 10:45 and 11 p.m. The chimes will automatically become silent each day from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Volume Control:
Switch with symbols, .
By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to W the clock will chime every 15 minutes and strike the time on the hour by playing the Westminster Melody first.
By setting the switch to position, the Westminster Melody will play, followed by the hour chime, on the hour only.
By setting the switch to the position and the melody switch to the A, the clock will only chime the Ava Maria melody every 15 minutes and strike the time on the hour.
By setting the switch on position and the melody switch to A the clock will only chime the Ava Maria at the full hour and strike the corresponding hour.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike