Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

My name is ***** ***** I am writing to you hoping

Customer Question

Hello XXXXX,

My name is ***** ***** I am writing to you hoping you can help me with my Enfield shelf/mantle clock. The clock is in great shape except it is missing the pendulum. The only markings on the clock are "Enfield" on the face and "Enfield Made in England" on the metal inside the clock. From pictures I have determined several measurements: pendulum length is approximately 3 3/8 inches, bob is approximately 1 1/2 inches diameter, and it requires a hook to fasten to the swinging arm. However, I am at a loss in determining the desired bob weight. I bought the clock to give to my daughter for her first apartment as she leaves the nest. Any help, advice, or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time, Jim

Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. From my books I can say with the measurements that you have 3 3/8" X 1 1/2" the weight of the bob should be 112 - 115 grams. The pendulums from Enfield clocks come with a hook plus a rating nut to adjust the speed. The hard part is finding the pendulum In my shop I run across vintage parts on Ebay but you can try to order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts fromthey are all quite reliable. The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you. Timesavers.comBox 12700 Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-****Fax: 1-***-***-****Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST) Norkro.com2209 NW Mill Pond Rd. Portland Or 97229 order line: 1-***-***-****Phone/fax:(###) ###-####Clockworks.com PO Box 339 - 9 Pine StHuntington MA 01050***-***-****Back In Time Clock Repair & Restoration345 North 4th StreetSouderton,Pa.18964Phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike