Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 14 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I've got a Gruen Verithin pocket watch that was my

Customer Question

Hello. I've got a Gruen Verithin pocket watch that was my father's and wanted to find out its value. Any suggestions?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There were 2 different style watch cases 14k solid gold & gold filled with 15, 20 or 25 year which means gold filled or plated if you wore through the plating in under the years specified they would replace the case sort of like an early warranty. The case will be clearly marked on either the back or inside the back cover of the watch so I will give you both values. With todays market and prices realized checking with several auction houses and Worthpoint in 14k with good body and running condition $875.00 to excellent body and running condition $1395.00. With todays market and prices realized checking with several auction houses and Worthpoint in gold filled or gold plated with good body and running condition $150.00 to excellent body and running condition $375.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your watch? Thanks Mike