Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.

My Battery operated wall clock just quit working. Batteries

Customer Question

My Battery operated wall clock just quit working. Batteries were changed several times without sucess in the operations. The Model # XXXXX XXXXX SN 74270251. How can I get it fixed ?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hi Margie, My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. First make sure the battery contacts are very clean and there are no loose wires leading out from the battery cartridge then use a fresh set of batteries and see if it will start. If the clock doesn't start the movement has gone bad and you can't really work on them you usually just replace them. It is cheaper to replace the movement yourself then to bring it to a clock repair company because that is what they will do. The movements are easy to replace and are inexpensive. You can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from they are all quite reliable.The phone works the best for ordering your parts. Just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back or side of the movement. Thanks Mike

Try Howard Miller first just click this link www.howardmiller.com then go to contact us at the top of the page click it then go to help center click it then click wall & mantle clocks then click battery operated then click What if I need a part then look at #3

• If your clock is not new or if a part is damaged and parts are required, contact Customer Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNNor go to the QUESTION section at the bottom of this site and detail the part that you need. Have your model number, serial number, and credit card available before you place the call.

You can also try these companies I use also when I need movements.

Timesavers.com
Box 12700
Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
1-800-552-1520 1-480-483-3711
Fax: 1-480-483-6116
Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
Portland Or 97229
order line: 1-800-566-7576
Phone/fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Clockworks.com
PO Box 339 -XXXXXbr/>Huntington MA 01050
800-381-7458

HOWARD MILLER WESTMINSTER CHIME 613-328 OAK WALL CLOCK

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi Margie, If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.