Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

I HAVE A LOVELY HOWARD MILLER CLOCK MODEL #612737. IT APPEARS

I HAVE A LOVELY HOWARD MILLER CLOCK MODEL #612737. IT APPEARS THAT THE HOUR HAND IS STUCK (TOUCHING THE FACE OF THE CLOCK) AND THE WESTMINISTER CHIMES WILL RING INCESSANTLY. I HAVE REMOVED THOSE BATTERIES. SINCE THE HOUSING APPEARS TO BE TOTALLY SEALED, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IS IS DAMAGED. IS THERE HELP OUT THERE?
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. First start out with a fresh set of batteries for the chimes which takes 2 then 1 for the time. Make sure the battery contacts are clean. If the hour hand is touching the glass of the face it might be loose or bent requiring the removal of the face to bend or tighten back. If after trying a fresh set of batteries and the chimes are still malfunctioning the quartz movement might be going bad and to bring it in for repair will exceed the cost of a new clock. Unless you do the repairs yourself by aquiring a new quartz movement they are easy to replace and are not that expensive. The number of the movement should be located on the back or side of the movement if you elect to replace the movement I can help you there as well. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember to click the ACCEPT button so I will be
compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Mike, Consultant
Experience: I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.