Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

the pendulum wont keep swinging.......it eventually stops.......all

Customer Question

the pendulum won't keep swinging.......it eventually stops.......all of the weights are level as well as the clock
not sure what to do next
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi! My name is Mike and it is my pleasure to assist you. There are several solutions to the problem. you already leveled the clock both ways front to back and side to side. The weights are positioned correctly they should be marked R, C, L
if they are not marked The heaviest weight goes on the RIGHT it runs the chimes,
next heaviest in the CENTER it runs the pendulum, lightest on the LEFT it runs the strike. Next the suspension spring or pendulum leader is bent or worn and has to be fixed. Next when was the last time you had your clock cleaned and re oiled? Clock movements are delicate and important features of any clock.
When the movements are dirty, it causes the components to move sluggishly or unevenly. This makes the clock run slower and, in some cases, may even keep the clock from working.
Cleaning a clock is a process you should undertake once every five years
to keep the interior mechanisms working properly and to remove any dirt or buildup trapped inside the clock.

If you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just
let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember to click the ACCEPT button so I will be
compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi DJ, If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.