Mike, Consultant
Experience:  I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
61108514

Re Seiko Musical Moving Clock. Time is not working.

Re: Seiko Musical Moving Clock. Time is not working. Chimes go off randomly. NEED HELP!!! My email address is xxxxxxxx@xxxxx .xxx
Category: Clock Repair
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you. Is this a battery driven quartz movement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It is a battery operated clock.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

This is a chronic problem with this type of works....
pivots and actuators are highly susceptible to dirt and dust and the lubricants often will dry up and bind the movements...
you need to do a light cleaning (ether will work as it evaporates quickly)
and then you can blow dry it with a can of compressed air (as sold in electronics shops like Radio Shack)....
try cleaning first and if that does not remedy the problem, contact me again.
If you have a selector/silence switch on the chimes, clean it as well. Hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please don't hestitate to ask.
Positive feedback is always appreciated and PLEASE remember to
click the ACCEPT button so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
There is no additional fee charged for my services.

Mike, Consultant
Experience: I've been active in clock repair for 11 years - NAWCC member.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You state that I need to do a light cleaning. Then you say either will do. Either what? Are you trying to say I should clean the clock and then air blow it with dry air. Can I assume you are suggesting I clean the clock mechanism with clock cleaning oil and dry it out with compressed air ?

Please clarify. Thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry spelling error I meant "ether". Ether will disolve the build up of dust & oil and will evaporate quickly and then use the compressed air to dry. Then reoil with a good grade of clock oil.