Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years experience repairing, restoring, and customizing cars, and pickup trucks.
9795573

I need the service manual for replacing the electrical

Customer Question

I need the service manual for replacing the electrical wiring harness for my 1968 280SE Coupe.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: I need the manual for replacing the entire electrical wiring harness that shorted and burned.
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to find the schematic or repair manual for replacing the wiring harness.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a 1968 280SE Coupe
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  david craig replied 24 days ago.

Hi Im David, http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/product/SM1205

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi David, can you get a wiring diagram and repair manual for 1968 280SE Coupe ?

i have the manuals, but you'll need to purchase them yourself. thats alot of information and no one is going to upload that for you. . mine are books.

ill opt out and see if anyone else can help. good luck

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
The reference you sent is right year but wrong model. It does not include the 280se coupe.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I only need wiring diagram, for replacing harness.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Covers the following models: 220 D, 240 D, 300 D, 220, 230, 250, 250 C, 280, 280 C
I need 1968 280SE Coupe manual for replacing wiring harness, also the harness itself, if available. Thanks
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
David Craig's answer does not provide the 1968 280se Coupe model wiring diagram. Please tell me where to get it.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The autorepairmanualswebsite David Craig recommended does not include the 1968 Mercedes 280SE Coupe on its list of manuals and diagrams. Please respond and help me find the answer or refund my payment. Thank you
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 18 days ago.

check this and see if this is what you need. you will not find just something that will tell you procedures for the harness. it is contained in the full manual.

Roy

http://www.worldcat.org/title/mercedes-benz-280-1968-72-autobook-workshop-manual-for-mercedes-benz-280s-1968-72-mercedes-benz-280se-1968-72-mercedes-benz-280sel-1968-1969-mercedes-benz-280sl-1968-71/oclc/3595122?ht=edition&referer=di