K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Classic Car Mechanic
Experience:  AA in Auto Tech, Classic car restorer and enthusiast
68360881

I have a 1970 cougar ,that i want to change the fuse box

Customer Question

I have a 1970 cougar ,that i want to change the fuse box from glass fuses to the new modern one, wiring is in good shape, but i'm adding power windows, power door locks, door poppers power antena. do i replace all of my wires, or just add the updated fuse box?. and if it there is a way to do this without spending thousands, please let me know.
Thank you
Verdie
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Classic Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, you could leave your original wiring and add a seperate box like this one for your other new items. This would probabaly be the cheapest and easiest route to go.

The other option would be to get a new 21 circuit harness with box like this and spice in your existing circuits by cutting them off the old box and solder and heat shrinking them then using the remaining circuits and new wire for your power windows, door poppers etc. This would be a better solution for not much more money and less hours than rewiring the whole car.